Misdemeanor Case Dismissed Against NBA Player Zach Randolph

0
104

A judge Thursday dismissed a misdemeanor case against Sacramento Kings and former Los Angeles Clippers forward Zach Randolph stemming from his arrest last year at the Nickerson Gardens housing project in Watts.

Superior Court Judge Kevin Stennis noted that Randolph had completed 150 hours of community service and ordered that his September 2017 no contest plea to one count of delaying an officer be withdrawn.

Randolph, 37, did not appear in the downtown Los Angeles courtroom for the hearing.

Outside court, his attorney, Rickey Ivie, said, “Zach’s maintained his innocence. He did not obstruct … He found himself a victim of circumstances. He took lemons and made lemonade.”

Randolph did his community service with two local organizations, including the Brotherhood Crusade, and “went well beyond what was required,” Ivie said.

He said the NBA player had “become a fixture with the organizations” and expects that he will continue to work with them.

Randolph was initially charged with one count each of misdemeanor marijuana possession and resisting arrest. He was arrested by Los Angeles police Aug. 9, 2017, and released the next morning on $20,000 bond.

According to police, officers were conducting an investigation in the area of 112th Street and Zamora Avenue beginning at about 10 p.m. when a large crowd began to form, with some people allegedly smoking marijuana.

Officers put out a help call, requesting backup. Police set up a skirmish line, and people in the crowd threw objects at officers, police said.

Five Los Angeles Police Department patrol cars were vandalized in the ensuing confrontation, along with one Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department vehicle, according to police.

No injuries were reported.

For more sports/entertainment news, former Laker Nick Young was arrested in Hollywood.

Summary
Misdemeanor Case Dismissed Against NBA Player Zach Randolph
Article Name
Misdemeanor Case Dismissed Against NBA Player Zach Randolph
Description
A judge Thursday dismissed a misdemeanor case against Sacramento Kings and former Los Angeles Clippers forward Zach Randolph stemming from his arrest last year at the Nickerson Gardens housing project in Watts.
Author
SFVMedia.com